Martha has been specializing in Diet and PCOS for the past 15 years and is one of the pioneers in the field. She has lectured to health professionals and women with PCOS nationwide starting in 2000 and was the nutrition editor for 2 chapters in a book on Diet and PCOS.
Martha’s Professional Publications on PCOS and Diet
- Nutrition editor for Dr. Walter Futterweit’s book: A Patient’s Guide to PCOS – Understanding and Reversing Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and wrote 2 chapters on diet for PCOS
- The Journal of The American Dietetic Association (August 2000), Case Problem: Dietary recommendations to combat obesity, insulin resistance, and other concerns to polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Nutrition Today (March/April 2002) Diet and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Martha as a PCOS expert
- Interviewed as a nutrition expert on diet and PCOS on the PCOS Network on Blogtalk radio
- Wrote several articles for the PCOS Challenge on Diet and PCOS
- Wrote PCOS and Diet for ATime
- She was on the medical advisory board for Polycystic Syndrome Association (PCOSA), the editorial advisory board for PCOS Pavilion of OBGYN.NET and is a health expert on the PCOS Network.com.
- Martha was interviewed in the documentary called Scrambled: A Journey Through Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome by Randi Cecchine
- Appeared with Dr. Futterweit in webcasts on diet and PCOS on Healthology.com
- Mentioned as an Nutrition & PCOS expert in the following books:
- The Silent Epidemic by Dr. Samuel Thatcher
- It’s Your Hormones by Dr. Geoffrey Redmond
To women with PCOS: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Association
Annual meetings presented to over 100 women with PCOS in:
- San Diego
- Philadelphia, PA
- Rye, N.Y.
- Denver, Co.
To health professionals
Registered dietitians and dietetic interns:
- Long Island Dietetic Association
- Florida State Dietetic Association
- Greater New York Dietetic Association
- New York State Dietetic Association
- New York Presbyterian Hospital
- RMA (Reproductive Medicine Associates)
- Westchester Rockland Dietetic Association, 2005, 2015
To electrologists: New York Electrolysis Association
To A TIME: (An internationally acclaimed organization for Jewish couples struggling with reproductive health and infertility) in:
- National Medical Conference in NYC, 2011
- National Medical Conference in Brooklyn, 2015
Martha is available to present a lecture on Diet and PCOS to your group. She will tailor it to meet your needs. Call for more information.
Your lecture on Diet and PCOS was a huge success. The lecture was informative, up-to-date and well-communicated. You are indeed an expert in our field” —Keri Gans, Greater New York Dietetic Association
“Your presentation received an A+ across the board” —Florida Dietetic Association
“I have been referring my patients with PCOS to Martha for over 10 years. Her expertise in diet for PCOS has helped many of my patients with their symptoms as well as with weight loss. She truly understands the nutritional needs of women with PCOS.”—Geoffrey Redmond, MD • hormonehelpny.com